Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cheating

So there I was, casually flicking through the A/W (I am NOT American, so it's not fall to me) catwalk pictures looking, as ever, for approximations of The Suit, along the way marvelling at how Jean Paul Gaultier could make me reconsider the bowler hat, sniggering slightly at ze tres French styleeengs of Emanuel Ungaro's models and being extremely underwhelmed by Paul Smith... anyway, back to The Suit.


Ann Demeulemeester was coming close:

Well ish... this does look a bit like a duvet cover I own.


This is a bit more like it. A bit too frilly though and where's the trousers, Ann? She clearly isn't taking this seriously.


How about Yves Saint Laurent then?

Ooh, nice. Not right, but lovely all the same. I don't like the length of the jacket, but otherwise this is pretty much top.


And then it happened. Out of nowhere this one hit me.

DreamOh my. Jesus, the colour is magnificent and those trousers are just perfect. And velvet?! How do they know my weakness??

I'm sorry The Suit, Gucci Suit and I are in love. Please forgive me.

All pictures courtesy of men.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment