Tuesday, March 25, 2008

If looks could Kilgour

Kilgour Ad photographed by Nick Knight & Art Directed by Peter Saville, Saville also models.

I came across this ad in the new issue of Fantastic Man and I just had to share it with you! It reminds me of an Aitor Throup sketch. I am currently a huge fan of Kilgour and think I will invest my suit collection fund (which is about a quarter of the way there) in the store!

I will leave you to ponder the following statements from the creative director of Kilgour, Carlo Brandelli: "There is this idea that women suffer for fashion, but unconsciously men do too. I wanted to wear a jacket all day at work but the usual heavy, stiff and fully-lined kind just isn’t comfortable.” He goes on to say “It’s still all about fit but that pressure suit-wearers experience – around the neck, across the shoulders and chest – has all gone. You need the heritage of tailoring know-how in order to do lightness with structure. It’s just that no one on Savile Row has really tried it before.”

The above ad beautifully shows that tailoring doesn't mean unforgiving, uncomfortable but can be unstructured!

PS - The title was stolen from Monocle

No comments:

Post a Comment