Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Sexy Girl Next Door

Amrita Rao, who started her Bollywood career as the girl-next-door, is creating a lot of flutter around with her all new provocative glam look. The actress justifies that she is not trying to break the image that she has created in the industry by saying that ‘a girl next door can also be hot and sexy’.

“I’m not trying to desperately do something different that would make me change the image that I have built. I’m very happy if people in the industry find me a sweet girl-next-door,” she says.
She finds nothing wrong when the same girl-next-door goes through a glam makeover and starts flirting with guys in a pub. Suddenly, the girl-next-door which is the uber chic version of the Bharatiya Nari has gone through a sea change in definition.

“But you have to understand that this girl is not predictable. She can be hot and sexy too, she can be the life of a party and can also flirt with boys,” Amrita says.

And what does Amrita have to say about her new look in the forthcoming film Shortkut in which she is provocatively soaking the sun on a sandy beach?

“See, I have worn sexy clothes before too in films like Ab Ke Baras, Ishq Vishk, Main Hoon Na. The new thing that I have done is the way I have been acting like in My Name is Anthony Gonsalves in which I could subtly be seductive through my eyes and expressions. In Shortkut too, I have a role that demands me to be glamourous and attractive,” Amrita explains.

Now an established actress, Amrita started her career as a model and featured in several commercials. Having no well wishers in Bollywood, Amrita says she has been lucky to have got big movie offers.

“It’s difficult to establish yourself in our industry if you do not know someone. Only a few from the outside can barge into the industry. I think I have been very lucky,” she says.
She admits that there are very few platforms that enable an actor to get noticed.

“The problem is that the platforms from where you can get spotted by someone from our film fraternity are few. Either you have to be a model doing ads or you have to win a beauty pageant and none of these are a cakewalk,” she said.

This svelte actress currently has three films in her kitty — the Shyam Benegal
directed Mahadev Ka Sajjanpur, Harman Baweja starrer Victory and Anil Kapoor’s Shortkut and says she has no complaints about how the industry has treated her so far.

“I don’t have any complaints because I think I have got some really nice opportunities and people have been very nice with me,” she says, adding, “Acting was something I always secretly desired to do and I’m living my dream.”

The romantic at heart
Amrita, who has acted in several romantic films, says she is a very big romantic at heart and adds that it was her role in Ishq Vishq that is most closer to the real person that she is. “I’m a very sacrificing, emotional person. Playing the role of Payal in the film was like playing me in front of the screen,” she says.

Amrita says that she believes in the classic, your-love-is-destined-for-you phrase. “I’m a very romantic person but I believe that if someone is destined to be with me, nothing can take the person away,” she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment