Friday, July 4, 2008

Tell Me About It, Stud: My Love Affair With Studded Flats Continues

Greetings from the couch, where I'm still parked. Two iced coffees later... I think I'm starting to sprout roots, and I'm pretty sure I gave myself scoliosis just today. That Tom Petty documentary is STILL on ("Comprehensive, revealing and epic in scope..." um... yes, it all of those things). I REALLY need a shower, FYI. SOS... Anyway, I came across these studded ballet slippers today:
($48, Capezio, Bonadrag.com)
They're cool but a little too literal and look pretty uncomfy. They did remind me of how much I love pyramid studs though, especially when they're used in unexpected ways, like with a pair of pretty pink ballet slippers.

Some more studded flats:
($425, Loeffler Randall, Active Endeavors)
Gorgeous, but I'd love them far more without the ankle strappage.


($88, Theory Shoes, Shopbop)
Sorry, but these are repulsive.


($211, Maloles, Zappos Couture)
So elegant.


($59, Jessica Simpson, ShoeMall.com)
Eeek. Cognitive dissonance issues -- cute shoes but they're Jessica Simpson! What to do? What to do?



($50, Calypso)
Cheaper, though only available in sizes 6 and 11.


($174, Kenneth Cole, Endless.com)
Not cheap, but sizes for all!


($12.99, BCOutlet.com)
Only available in size 7, but cheap!




($12.99, GoJane)
Cheapy Mccheap!


($29, Adi Misbehave, Overstock)
Lotsa colors, but the black ones are safest, don't you think?


($12.99, Go Jane)
Eek. Is it bad that I like these?


($41, Matiko, 6pm.com)
Not bad. But I don't understand the idea of the name "6pm." Anyway...


($41, Michael Kors, Overstock)
Pretty, preppy, punk-y! Only left in size 8. Yay if you're an 8, boo if you're not.


($287, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Net-a-porter.com)
I do believe these are the Marc Jacobs studded ballet flats that started it all. Brightest Young Things show you how to make your own!


($126, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Saks Fifth Avenue)
These Marc by Marc Jacobs studded flats, however, are unforgivable.


Finally, you (and by "you," I mean "I") also need some pyramid stud earrings:
($88, Wendy Nichol, Ravinstyle.com)
NEED!


($72, Argento Vivo, Bluefly)
Sophisticado.


($39, Whats That Cat, Etsy)
Etsy seller Whats That Cat has really sweet handmade pyramid stud earrings with sparklies. They're made of polymer clay and look really cool.


($20, Michelle Chang Jewelry, Etsy)
Super cuties sterling silver pyramid stud earrings from Etsy seller Michelle Chang Jewelry. Very much want!

No comments:

Post a Comment