Sunday, July 13, 2008

You Like Us! You Really Like Us! We Got a Brillante Award!

Woah! We're fatter, I mean flattered! TWO of you have bestowed upon us a Brilliante Award:
I've always suspected we're brilliant, but now it's official! I feel like Kathy Griffin gettin' dat Emmy -- SUCK it, everybody else! JK! To the lovely ladies who nominated us: Super Kawaii Mama -- the thunda from down unda -- and Sally, over at Already Pretty (I think of her sort of like a modern-day Heloise, but funny). And, of course, the Academy. Seriously, when we first started this blog, it was totes just for fun and because MK-Cat and I obsessively IM'ed each other links to stuff we wanted to buy, all day, back and forth forever. Then it grew into a just-for-fun blog that I still cannot BELIEVE anyone reads (I don't even think my friends read it!), so the fact that people actually do read this is really rewarding and ensures that this thing stays fun. It puts the "fun" in... er... "fun."

Here's the Premio Award rules, for those of you into rules:
The rules for passing on the award:
1) When received, you may post the premio to your blog.
2) Link to the blogger you received it from.
3) Give it to 7 blogs
4)… link to those 7 blogs
5)…and leave those seven bloggers a comment about receiving the brilliant premio.

Anyway, I'd also like to thank the Academy, and here's who I'm passing the baton on to...

+ Wendy B -- she can blog about Family Guy and Fendi with equal aplomb, she's a totally fearless female and that jewelry!! Wendy, I SUHWEAR, as soon as I get a raise, I'm gonna start saving for one of those skull rings. Faintfaintfaint!

+ Trend de la Creme -- The art degree I wish I had. Jaw-droppingly astute intellectualism, minus the stuffy elbow pads and pretentiousness, of course.

+ Sista So Fine -- Great writer, black-belt thrifter and hell on a dancefloor. Oh -- AND she was on a reality show!

+ Baby Ass Face -- A new discovery for me. It's a blog all about making sure your that face does not eventually resemble a catcher's mitt. The name alone is like a ride on a high-speed LOLercoaster, and the writing is aces.

+ Waitin' Round 2 Be a Millionaire -- Another new discovery for me, and seriously, it was like discovering I had a long-lost identical twin. The Jessica to my Elizabeth! Wonder twins ACTIVATE! In the form of... AWESOME!

+ Beauty Blogging Junkie -- Phenom beauty bloggage skills, brutally honest and hilare, has shared hairspace with Daisy Fuentes.

+ Grayburn -- Another new acquisition for me. European beauty-blogging POWERHOUSE. I mean... helllooo???

Thanks again, guys! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment