Monday, March 16, 2009

The Denim Challenge...an excuse to shop

The image comes courtesy of the lovely Phil from Streetpeeper who spent the weekend on a blow up bed in our living room whilst capturing some great street style snaps of the folks of London.

EJ's recent picture postcard reminded me of my need to experiment with a certain fabric. For too long in my mind denim has only ever equated to jeans but as previously posted, the fabric has so much more to offer. Spring was always going to be the season when I played with denim and there has been plenty of inspiration in recent months, namely the Lanvin x Acne collaboration and I've considered accessories and much to Thom's disbelief...even denim blazers. Never one to shirk from a challenge, especially when one involves the opportunity to go shop, I ventured in to central and found exactly what I was looking for in bstore. Their ss09 collection had a quintessentially English quality with somewhat nostalgic straw boaters courtesy of Christine Bec for bStore, chambray denim smock tops, triple-pleat trousers which were neatly rolled up to the ankle and cotton shirts. When I saw the chambray denim smock tops hanging on the rails I just knew that I had to have it. I will certainly play with denim over the next few months because I've enjoyed dipping my toe in the chambray waters...I still don't think I can wear an all denim ensemble just yet though. here I teamed up my new purchase with rolled up Uniqlo wool trousers, suede Mario shoes by bstore and as the sun was shining I even dusted off my Linda Farrow for Topman sunglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment