Sunday, November 15, 2009

The search for a good tailor in Hong Kong...

After hearing so much about her beloved Hong Kong, Susie is finally taking me back with her and I could not be more excited! Our plane jets off from Heathrow tomorrow evening and we will be exploring this busy city for eights full days. Whilst much of the trip will revolve around me scoffing my face with all sorts of tasty treats there will be plenty of time for me to do enjoy the sport of shopping. Dim sum, egg balls, roast goose and even snake have found themselves on the growing menu of my mind but I'd like to explore all that the city has to offer in regard to men's style as well. Top of the list is excellent, affordable tailoring. Hong Kong has long been a world-leader in producing bespoke and made to measure suits at half the price of their London and New York counterparts (whilst conceding very little on quality). Regular readers will know that my fascination with the craftsmanship of good tailoring is long held and I cannot wait to discover what Hong Kong has to offer me.

My initial research shows that there are just too many tailors in Hong Kong to tell which are of any quality. To save much head scratching on my part, I am opening up the comments section to your suggestions. Now, please don't be shy. I appreciate that even if I get a good recommendation from you, your positive experiences won't guarantee one for me, so no pressure at all. I'd love to hear from one and all. In a city where tailors are ten a penny your guidance will be invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment