Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nicki Minaj Covers BlackBook

Nicki Minaj Covers BlackBook


She just keeps getting more prolific and Nicki Minaj is on the cover of the latest issue of BlackBook magazine.

The Pink Friday rapper explained that while things are great for her now, she almost gave up on her dream of being a rock star.

“I had no money, I had no one to call, and I was out on my own. I also had the burden of not wanting to tell my mother that I was out of a job, and could I come back home? Besides faith in God, the only thing that got me through that time was the fear of what would happen to my family if I didn’t make it. I remember thinking, I don’t know if this is ever going work but I’m going to give it one final try.”

As for the comparisons to Lady GaGa, Nicki shared, “We both do the awkward, non-pretty thing. What we’re saying - what I’m saying, anyway - is that it’s okay to be weird. And maybe your weird is my normal. Who’s to say? I think it’s an attitude we both share.”

When it comes to guys, “I’m not the type to be talking to a random dude in the club. Unless I know him, I don’t even want to be introduced to him, because it always turns into me being perceived as the ultimate whore-bag. I remember one time I saw a guy, someone famous, who was at one of my parties. I kissed him on the cheek and went to my seat, and they put up a story that me and him left together that night and went to a hotel.”


more  Nicki Minaj pics next page...



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment