Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dunks Boogie Woogie


I just saw the news on getkempt and sneakerfiles that Nike SB are releasing a pair of dunks inpsired by the man known as the 'father of geometric abstraction' (I often wonder what I'll be the father of) - Piet Mondrian.

To me these are perfect for Summer...I normally shy away from trainers with more than two colourways but the use of multiple colors here does not detract from the overall cohesive simplicity of the dunk design (that we all know and love) in fact I think the primary colours enhance the simplicity of the shoe.

I will leave you with a quote from Hannah Hoch on Mondrian "Everything in his life was reasoned or calculated. He was a compulsive neurotic and could never bear to see anything disordered or untidy. He seemed to suffer acutely, for instance, if a table had not been laid with perfect symmetry" (I sometimes wish I was like this....)

No comments:

Post a Comment