Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Taylor Momsen Says She’s “A Product”

 
 Taylor Momsen Says She’s “A Product”

You always wonder if the younger celebrities get what the industry is all about, or if they only care about the limelight. At 17, Taylor Momsen says she understands that at the end of the day, she’s a product that needs to be sold.
“I kind of woke up one morning and was like, ‘Oh I see what’s happening, I get everything.’ “I woke up and was like, ‘I get it, I’m a product.’ “
The Pretty Reckless singer – who started acting on ‘Gossip Girl’ when she was 14 – wasn’t prepared for fame.
“Fame just kind of happens overnight. No one prepares you for it. On ‘Gossip Girl’, I was just going to work, doing what I’ve always done, and then all of a sudden you’re like, ‘Woah!’ “But you get used to it. You ignore it – because whatever people say about me doesn’t bother me at all. If you’re in high school or college or at work, someone’s not going to like you. It’s inevitable. But it doesn’t mean anything.”
Most celebrities say that they aren’t affected by the negativity, but how can you NOT be?

No comments:

Post a Comment