Sunday, August 29, 2010

It Happened At The Hester Street Fair

The Hester Street Fair is an unmissable outdoor flea that's been happening down in the Lower Lower East Side every Saturday and Sunday since spring. It's a perfectly curated collection of delicious local food (admittedly today I had my third lobster roll from the Luke's Lobster stand), handmade goods, vintage clothing and accessories (SOOOOO much vintage jewelry), and new, handmade jewelry. Like Cynthia Rybakoff's great handmade jewelry. I admired her simple yet absolutely beguiling rock crystal necklace on a silver chain (but not long enough to buy it -- I was trying to resist giving into my impulse-spending tendencies, but I really should've picked this up, as it's on my mind hours later). She managed to take something as rough and unpredictable as a crystal and make it look elegant yet edgy. Even better -- it's called the Fortress of Solitude necklace. Also, thank you for reclaiming crystals from Spencer Pratt.

Non-New Yorkers, you're in luck. It's available online. Everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment